Saturday 27 August 2016

Dave Does Keto - Week 3 in Review

Well 21 days in on strict Keto.


I continue to finely tune my Keto diet and I can say that I am feeling on top of the world! My energy levels are very consistent and high. My mood and sense of well being is very good.
I have not had 1 hunger pang or episode of feeling "hangry".

I am continuing to drop in weight and am showing obvious signs of body fat reduction.* I forgot to start tracking my body fat percentage when I started so I am just going to use the scale, my clothing  and most importantly the mirror to track my progress as far as the outward physical tracking of the Keto plan.

Starting Weight - 206
Weight on Day 7 -198
Weight on Day 14 - 193
Weight on Day 21 - 189

As you can see by the above weight the initial weight lose was pretty extreme for the first 2 weeks and was still quite significant for week three. I expect this to slow down to a much more appropriate level of 2 to 3 lbs going forward and I will just add in a few extra calories of fat in the event it does not slow down. In my experience this is fairly normal and what would I expect in any weight lose program for myself .  But this is Keto so it is pretty new for me and we will let time tell. There is no rush here folks. That being said it is important to note that water weight loss is common when you first start a low carb diet. Ketosis has a diuretic effect to it that can cause many pounds of weight loss in only a few days. While I hate being the bearer of bad news, this isn’t fat. But on a side (and more positive) note, that shows that your body is starting to adjust itself into a fat burning machine! Now I just want to be clear with everyone. The ongoing weight lose is due to a few very important factors.

1. I am on a calorie deficit - A calorie deficit is the number of calories you need to eat in a day to lose weight compared to the calories to maintain your weight. You create a calorie deficit by either eating less calories, burning more calories (through exercise) or a combination of the two.

2.  I am in Constant state of Ketosis - A low-carb diet lowers your levels of the fat-storing hormone insulin, allowing your fat deposits to shrink and release their stored energy. This tends to cause you to want to consume less calories than you expend – without hunger – and lose weight.

3. I am be very, very strict, no cheating!


No comments:

Post a Comment