Tuesday 6 September 2016

Dave Doess Keto - Week 4 in Review- Let's Talk About My Poop

This 4th week of Keto has been a little more interesting. First off I have  the usual good stuff to report:
My energy levels are very consistent and high. My mood and sense of well being is very good.
I have not had 1 hunger pang or episode of feeling "hangry".



Amazingly I am continuing to drop in weight and am showing continuous signs of body fat reduction. I have done low carb, low fat and carb cycling diets in the past. The previous most effective for weight lose was carb cycling. But now Keto takes the crown as reigning king of weight lose. Not only have I lost a total of 24 lbs in just 28 days my strength, energy and well being are all very good still. Obviously I cannot continue to loose on average 6 lbs a week as there would be nothing left of me. Based on the rapid success I have decided to revise my plan somewhat and take full advantage of what Keto may provide for me. At this new current weight of 182 lbs I am very lean and have a visible six pack. However that just isn't enough for me and now I plan on going from lean to shredded or ripped which ever term you prefer. Can I get ripped on Keto? .All indications are yes! Lets see just how far we can take this Keto thing!!!

Starting Weight - 206
Weight on Day 7 -198
Weight on Day 14 - 193
Weight on Day 21 - 189
Weight on Day 28 - 182

Okay so What About the Poop Scoop?

Okay so now for the interesting stuff. Although I report ed all the good stuff of being on Keto just above. This week I did experience one of the more unpleasant side effects of Keto. Now if your squeamish and don't like poopy talk then just stop reading now!

Keto Diarrhea

From the very beginning days of starting Keto my poop started getting very soft but by the end of the 4th week my poop turned into liquid. It did feel quite draining as everything was "flushed"out of me so even though I still had energy my stomach was a bit upset for the last few days of week 4.



Main Causes of Keto Diarrhea.

1. Your body is adjusting to high fat intake
2. Too much magnesium supplementation
3. Not enough fibre
4. Too much coconut oil too fast

I am pleased to say that by adding in a bit more fibre by the way of spinach, zucchini and broccoli my poop has turned from liquid back to soft solid. I am sure the high fat intake is also a cause but my first step is to focus on fibre as I really don't want to reduce my fat if I can help it. Although approximating 70% of my carb intake is in the form of fibre my body is used to so much more so I am listening to it and adding in a bit more of the mentioned high fibre veggies.

1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually get rid of fat by consuming Coconut Fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete