Sunday 11 September 2016

Dave Does Keto - Week 5 in Review


My energy levels remain very consistent and high. My mood and sense of well being is very good.
Appetite remains somewhat suppressed. No cravings.  My stomach feels much better and my poop has "normalized". I would say that I am pretty much Keto adapted at this point.

I have really come to acknowledge and accept  the fact that sugar is responsible for cravings.

We’re all neurologically wired to favor sweet flavors, and eating sugar sets off signals in your body that make us feel happy — and crave more of it. There are many suspected causes as to why some individuals are more susceptible to to sugar cravings or sugar addiction however the basic fact is that when we eat sugar the brain receives these "happy" signals unlike when we eat carbs or protein which signals the brain that "hey thanks I'm full now". The brain just keeps asking for more of that "happy" sugary stuff and of course we want our brain to be happy so we eat more. It's the same as the old saying. "i just ate Chinese food an hour ago and now I am hungry again"

Here is what I will call the KETO EFFECT formula

No sugar = no cravings + High % Fat intake =  satiety = better life!


It's that simple! It really doesn't need to be complicated at all.




I am continuing to drop in weight and am showing continuous signs of body fat reduction. Strength has finally dropped slightly but workouts are still running at full steam.

Starting Weight - 206
Weight on Day 7 -198
Weight on Day 14 - 193
Weight on Day 21 - 189
Weight on Day 28 - 182 
Weight on Day 35 - 177

For anyone that is counting that's 29 lbs in 35 days! Just saying!
I fully expect the weight lose to trickle at this point but as I stated from the beginning this is an experiment and trial of sorts so let's see where this Keto thing takes us!

Keto on my Keto kompanions !

1 comment:

  1. keto diarrhea Worried about keto diarrhea? Here's everything you need to know to avoid loose bowel movements on keto, or recover from it when you start the diet.

    ReplyDelete